In 1892, the first precursor to the current North Cape Hall was built on the plateau - "Stoppenbrinks Champagne Pavillion", a small octagonal wooden building. Champagne and postcards to friends and family was the reward for the tiring climb.
In 1959, the first North Cape Hall was built. It was significantly expanded and improved both in 1988 and 1997. Today the building is a modern tourist facility for all "adventurers" who find their way up to the North Cape.