homeaboutvarioustop destinationseventsdead or alive, famous norwegianstream, feed




Menu

















nergaardlerøy, leroeySalMarmarine harvest

 Lyngør

Næs Jernverk or Næs verk (Nes iron works) in Holt, was an iron works which started operation in 1665 under the name “Baaseland Værk”. The blast furnace and foundry were located at the Båsland farm, while the associated forge was located a kilometer further east, by the Storelva river[1] at Næs.

The blast furnace was new, and not an extension of the Barbu jernverk at Arendal which ceased operations in the 1650s. "Baaseland Værk" was given the name Naes blast furnace operation when the buildings were concentrated by Storelva in 1738. About 1840 the firm was renamed Jacob Aall & Søn. It ceased operation in 1959.



 Tvedestrand
 more video Fjords Accommodation, Businesses and more pictures from Tvedestrand  Tvedestrand