||RINGEBU STAVE CHURCH
The church was probably built about 1225-1250 AD and it appears in written sources for the first time in 1270 AD. This is a triple-nave stave church.
The St. Laurentius image and the font are medieval, the altar-screen from 1686, and the pulpit and the chancel-arch monogram from 1702. This church seem to have been built as a cruciform church originally, but the cross arms were replaced with new and even bigger arms during 1630.
The church was restored during 1921.
Ringebu Stave Church is located in Ringebu.